"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are."
— Niccolò Machiavelli, The Prince (via quotes-shape-us)
Words to keep inside your pocket:
- Quiescent - a quiet, soft-spoken soul.
- Chimerical - merely imaginary; fanciful.
- Susurrus - a whispering or rustling sound.
- Raconteur - one who excels in story-telling.
- Clinquant - glittering; tinsel-like.
- Aubade - a song greeting the dawn.
- Ephemeral - lasting a very short time.
- Sempiternal - everlasting; eternal.
- Euphonious - pleasing; sweet in sound.
- Billet-doux - a love letter.
- Redamancy - act of loving in return.
Do not chase
Do not wear the soles of your shoes
Down on boys
Who won’t cradle your feet
In their laps
Do not waste
Exhaust your tongue
In the silent poetry
Who don’t exhale
Like a prayer
"There are all kinds of love in this world, but never the same love twice."
— F. Scott Fitzgerald (via superrjew)
(Source: astrolily, via misssmegan)
"A woman is not written in braille, you don’t have to touch her to know her."
— (via natashakills)
(Source: passionnanteee, via hiswordssplashedmewithstars)